Studio Photography, Product Assignment




Define

Proposal

The client or company I am representing is Chanel.

The product is “COCO Mademoiselle” by CHANEL PARIS, and it is Eau de parfum intense.

The target audience is women but could be purchased by anyone as a gift for a woman. I would expect to see this advertisement on billboards and magazines and online shop windows, and bus stops. The lighting I will use to create a professional product shot will be a two-light set up with a key light at f16 and a fill light at f11 with soft boxes over them. I will use a grey Perspex glass under the perfume. I will not need props as I am going for a classy minimal look, with a crisp white logo, and the perfume name.

 

Develop

Lighting set up’s 

Lighting set up’s that I have tried has been a two-light set up and a three-light set up, I used a light tent and different gels to create different looks. I used reflectors and different Perspex glass to create a mirror effect. On the foundation product I used a white glass to have a mirror effect, and I moved the back light away and left the product at the horizon line. On the Baileys product I used a blue and red gel on either side of the light it creates a very cool background effect.


 

Unsuccessful attempts that occurred for me while doing this product shot was being able to see the flash and light in some of the images in the sunglasses.

Set ups I tried for product shooting was in a light tent with a soft box over the flash with all different gels, fabrics, Perspex, and reflectors.

The evolution of the process

For my product assignment brief I had to create a Creative Advertisement Professional Photography is integral to advertising. Good ads attract clientele and builds trust and familiarity with the target audience. Great ads can make a company more profitable and enable it to out manoeuvre its competitors.

I started with researching other photographer’s product shot work, I seen  several types of advertisement product shots, so I had a look of what I liked and tried to recreate them to see how the photographers took them what kind of lighting setups they have used and other effects they add to images.

I started with researching other photographers product shot work, to have a look of different types of products and to get inspiration from their work, I seen some colourful and simple product shots what I liked and so I tried to recreate them to see how the photographers photographed them what kind of lighting setups they have used and other effects they add to images. I really liked the work from the photographer Mario Testino who shot the Coco Chanel Mademoiselle perfume.

As part of the assignment, I had to bring in products for the labs seven, lab eight, and lab nine. I brought in products that I wanted to photograph to get an idea of what way it would turn out for my assignment. I brought in a range of different items such as a zippo lighter, Versace Sunglasses, Coco Chanel perfume, Chanel foundation, Bailey’s bottle, and various products like creams to see what the best way will be to shoot my product shot.

I tried different ideas by shooting with a light tent, different Perspex glass and different colour paper and gels, soft box with assorted colour fabric, changing around the lighting set ups.

I tried to take shots of the perfume and I did not like the paper background that I used to take the photo, so I re-took the images with a different set up for my assignment. I used a White product shot table with a sweep I the back for no harsh line, I used grey Perspex glass under the perfume and laid the perfume down on its back to create bubble effects in the liquid.

 All tests of Postproduction work

 





 








Edited Version                                       Unedited Version

Description and evaluation of project

Reflection

I wanted to try out a couple of products for my assignment. It was hard to pick what to do for my final product shot. I was planning to use Sunglasses and having a person model them, then I changed my mind because the model was unavailable, so I re-took shots of the first product that I shot which was perfume for my final assignment.

Research

The last few labs 7,8,9 we researched products shot advertisements and we brought in products that we wanted to photograph to get an idea of what way I will be the best way to shoot my product shot.

Success/failures

The success in my product shots was that I learned many different ways to shoot products for all different effects, some test shots came out excellent quality, showing no flash in sunglasses, and getting the correct colour of the perfume inside the bottle, showing the correct colour of the metal without reflections.

The failures in my product shots must be being able to see the bulb in the sunglass’s product shot and not being able to get a perfect clear crisp background.

I wanted to try out a couple of products for my assignment. It was hard to pick what to do for my final product shot. I was planning to use Sunglasses and having a person model them, then I changed my mind because the model was unavailable, so I re-took shots of the first product that I shot which was perfume for my final assignment.

 

References

beautynews.uk. (n.d.). Retrieved from beautynews.uk: https://beautynews.uk/2021/05/keira-knightley-charms-in-chanel-coco-mademoiselle-campaign-insite-ooh-media-platform/

Chanel. (n.d.). Retrieved from www.chanel.com: https://www.chanel.com/us/makeup/find-your-foundation/

fashiongonerogue. (n.d.). Retrieved from www.fashiongonerogue.com: https://www.fashiongonerogue.com/versace-eyewear-winter-2020-campaign/

Mario Testino. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.mariotestino.com/

vexinthecity. (n.d.). Retrieved from www.vexinthecity.com: https://www.vexinthecity.com/omigod-chanel-perfection-lumiere-darker-foundation-shades-available/

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lab 7, Image Manipulation Idea

Image Manipulation Project, Surrealism

Lab 8, Studio photography, Product shooting